Parent Teachers Association
We are a group of parents, staff and members of the local community who share the common interest of providing facilities, resources and opportunities for the benefit of the children of Briercliffe Primary School. New members always welcome so please come along and join us.
One of our main functions is to organise social and fundraising events for the benefit of the children of Briercliffe Primary School.
How can you help?
- Join as many meetings as possible. Even if you can't attend, please pass on your ideas or offers of help
- Help set up and/or run events
- Donate items for raffle prizes and stalls
- Encourage family and friends to come along to events
What events do we hold?
- Open Afternoon at Christmas
- Bingo Evening
- Selling school uniform
- School discos
- Raffles at school performances
- Blue bag collection
- Jewellery recycle
- Fashion shows
- Charity events
PTA also help with..............
- Teddy Bears' Picnic
- Pirates and Princesses' Parties
- Christmas parties
What is the money raised used for?
The money we raise is used to provide 'the extras' that enhance the children's experiences in school.
In the past the money has:
- Purchased new musical instruments
- paid for a magician at the Christmas party
- Paid for a new sound system in the school hall
- Purchased new cameras
......................and much more.